Stop Being So Mean!

Confession: I haven't been the nicest person lately. 

Ok, I've been acting like a downright bully...


The New York Times

There is this person in my life that I just have a hard time treating kindly. It seems like it's so easy and natural to criticize and belittle her. I'm a witness to all her foolish mistakes and blunders. I can clearly see her faults and flaws and point them out to her quite often. I don't let her forget them and have a hard time forgiving her when she messes up.

You've probably already guessed who this person is, but just in case you haven't and are about to call CPS on me, this person isn't one of my children or friends or a family member...this person is me.

Why are we so mean to ourselves, mamas???


As I was writing this, my 3-year-old came up to me and looked at the picture and asked, "Mommy, why is her so tiny?"

"Because those other girls are making her feel tiny." was my answer.

Mamas, why do we make ourselves feel tiny???


You are so awkward. Next time you hang out with those people just be quiet so you don't embarrass yourself again. 

Why do you even try? Your house will never look as nice as others', you are too much of a slob.

If you had just an ounce of self control you wouldn't have eaten so many treats at the party. How do you ever expect to lose any weight?


This is the kind of junk I am saying to myself all the time! I really need to rewire my brain. Because it's not what God says about me.


God says I am chosen. (John 15:16)

He says I am His beloved child. (1 John 3:1)

I am His friend. (John 15:15)

I am His temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16)

I am a work of art. (Ephesians 2:10)

I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)


And don't you think my Creator would know more about me than I do?

Be kind to yourselves, mamas.


Lots of love, 

Lee

Comments

  1. I asked for prayer against this very thing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is so important! I’m glad you have someone to support you in that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget