Stop Being Boring!

 Hey mamas! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Ours was busy, busy, busy...as usual. I don't know about you, but my Mondays are usually pretty busy, too (maybe that's why I have such a hard time getting this blog up on a consistent basis?!?). Mondays are typically full of catching up on housework from the weekend and getting school started for the week. I try not to plan any trips or play dates that day of the week so I can make sure I get what I need to get done, done. 

Sounds kind of boring, right?

Well, I'm here to remind you, mamas, that it doesn't have to be! Just because we are being productive doesn't mean we need to be boooooring...we can add fun in our day, for ourselves and our kids.

So what can you do differently in your day to make it a little fun? 

We are Star Wars nerds around here, so a fun way to start our day is to make our breakfast in these Darth Vader and Grogu cast iron pancake molds we picked up at Ross this holiday season. I know its silly, but cooking in these things gives me a little joy each time. 


Side note: the instructions that came with these said that once they are cooked on one side, carefully use a spatula to flip them and settle back into the mold to cook on the second side. I read that and thought, “That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard!” So I just have a big pan going on another burner to flip them into once the first side is done cooking in the mold. Goes way faster, they don’t need designs on both sides. Rant over.

Anyway, what can you do differently to add some fun to your day, mama? Go for a walk? But some flowers to add some color to your yard? Have a tea party for lunch? Make up a fun, imaginative game to trick your kids into cleaning up? 

“These toys are all dragon eggs and we need to get them to their nests before they hatch! Let’s do it together before the mama dragon comes back!”

Whatever it is, I want to encourage you to snatch some joy, mama, in the midst of all the hard, important, things that you do every day. After all,


Much love!

Lee


Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget