Seen. Heard. Known.

Do you ever feel like you aren’t worth looking at? Do you ever feel like no one is listening (and you might as well be talking to the wall!)? Do you ever feel like no one understands what you are going through? 

If you are a mom (or just a human being) I’m sure the answer is, "Yes!". At least more than once you have felt this way. Most of you know that I have been going through a very rough postpartum time and I have been feeling like this lately...A LOT. Riding the waves of my own hormones and emotions (and those of my teenage daughter) (and those of my toddler) and feeling completely touched out and tied down by this needy baby...it's been hard!

We are studying Exodus in the weekly Bible study I attend and we read this verse in our homework this week:


This verse is so impactful. Read it again.

To me this verse says: You are seen. You are heard. You are known.

The people of Israel probably felt pretty forgotten as the Egyptians forced them into slavery and tried to kill their babies. They probably wondered what the heck God was thinking, why life had to be so hard, and why the promises that He had made to their forefathers weren't fulfilled already...which is kind of funny, because they were wondering the same things when they were wandering in the wilderness, when He was visually present with them 24/7. 

I believe that, no matter what we are going through, God is with us in every circumstance. Sometimes we can't see the pillar of fire or cloud covering, but if we stop to do it, I believe we will realize that He is helping us see through the darkness and sheltering us. He has such tender, loving care for us.

So this morning I just want to remind you, mama, that you are seen, you are heard, and you are known. God has not forgotten, and He will give you the strength to get through this desert. He loves you with a love that is so vast and deep and wide that it cannot be measured. You are His treasure. 

So keep mommy-ing on, mamas, and know that the Creator of the entire universe sees and hears and knows you. 

And don't forget to ask for His joy!

Lots of love,

Lee

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget