Rough Patch

 Dear Mamas,

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write to you this week. I wish I could say it was because I've just been too busy with the holidays but I can't. While it's true that I have been busy, it's more than that. I don't think its just the post-birth hormones or the fact that I have a teething TWO-month-old, either. 

It has not broken through the gums yet, but there is certainly a tooth there!
That explains the drooling and fist gnawing.

There are a lot of other challenging things going on in my life right now. I started writing a list but you don't really need to hear all of it. 

All you need to know is that God is in your storms with you, Mamas. He loves you. He isn't surprised by the challenges you are facing. He is waiting for you to lean into Him. He may decide to miraculously calm the waves with a word, or He may want you to weather through it. Either way, lean on Him, Mama!

And don't be down on yourself for having a hard time. I think my biggest problem right now is that I have gotten into the habit of speaking some pretty harmful self-talk. This isn't pleasing to my Father or helpful for myself or anyone else.


Be kind to yourself, Mamas. And please remember me in your prayers.

Much love,

Lee

Comments

  1. I understand the self-talk. Mine is often pretty damaging too. You know I admire you so much. I wish I could counter all your negative self-talk with the truth of how wonderful you are! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget