Is This My Life? Really???

The first thing I did after getting out of bed this morning was clean up dog diarrhea...a really awful mess. The entire time I was doing this job I was gagging uncontrollably and the baby was screaming from his rocking seat, also uncontrollably. The baby has been very clingy the past few days and I'm exhausted so it's no wonder that at 7:55 this morning you would have found me crying in my laundry room and wondering, "Is this my life? Really???"

But I didn't stay there long. I looked at my adorable toddler and appreciated that he was there watching me and offering moral support during the whole poop-tastrophe. We walked back into the house and I thanked my 10-year-old, who was pacing with the screaming baby and doing her best to try to console him. I put the baby in my front carrier and latched him on and continued mixing up the waffles that we were going to have for breakfast. My 13-year-old asked me advice about a craft she was working on and my 7-year-old hummed Christmas music while he waited for his food. Inspired by the humming, my 5-year-old tells Alexa to play Christmas music. 

And then I hear words about the One who truly knew what it was like to live His life for others.  

"Is this the life I get to live? Really???"

I have a home. It is full of beautiful children and a loving husband. We have food in the fridge, pantry, and freezer. We may not be rich, but we do have a few extra dollars in the bank. We have a lot more than many others do.

But more important than all of that...even if all that was gone...I have a relationship with my Creator. Nothing can take that away.

Life is hard, mama. We can choose to focus on the dog poop and the screaming or we can focus on the giggles and the creativity and all the other good stuff that happens in between. 

You are doing an amazing job…a really, really hard job…but an amazing job. And the rewards far outweigh the challenges.

So keep on mommy-ing. You can do this!

Love, 

Lee

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget