Life Giving Appointments

I shared with you recently about how I say "no" a lot to activities and commitments because I just have so much already on my plate that it's overwhelming to do more. I also shared how we "ended" our school year early by putting away the books and focusing on interest-led learning. 

The world has been pressing in and it finally got too much and I had to step away. Away from all the pressure I was putting on myself. Away from just doing, doing, doing, going, going, going. I stepped away to focus on the beautiful. To take time for the joy. To dwell in the present, in the good feelings and hard feelings. To take care of my soul, so to speak. 

As, I've been doing that: Spending time with friends, eating yummy, healthy food, and focusing on spending time outdoors in the sun. As I've been doing all these things, I realized it's not the activities, commitments that matter, as much as it's about how those activities give or take from me.
One of my recent "life giving appointments"
Going up the mountains and playing around on the quad.


Hanging out with good friends fill me up. Being outside playing with my kids, fills me up. Enjoying my life, dwelling in the moments, is a breath of fresh air that I really, truly needed. 

If I look back on my calendar this month it was FULL! More full then usual actually, but I feel more rested. I feel more peaceful. I feel like life is beautiful again and I'm not just pushing through. I feel good again.

So, I want to encourage you, as I've looked at my commitments and evaluated what is necessary, what is beneficial, and what is sucking the life out of me, I encourage you to do the same. Say "no" to the things that don't serve you and your family. Limit some of those tasks that you need to do but that are draining. But, most of all, increase the activities, commitments that build you up, empower you, and keep you focused on what is truly important.

Always, much love,
-Joy

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget