What is True???

What is true?

Have you been wondering that lately? Like, every day for the past year??? I hear so much about "fake news". I see so many articles with big, bold headlines that contradict the next article. Who do I believe? How do I know when there is some political or financial agenda? It's so hard to navigate. I feel lost and overloaded.

So the question is, what is true? 


The sermon at church this Sunday was about Philippians 4:8. 


And it confirmed what I've been feeling: I need to take a break from the news. Not completely, of course. I think it is wise to be a little informed of what is going on.

But I don't need to obsess over what I cannot control.

So what do I need to think on instead? These are two of the things that I am choosing to think on this week:
  • Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I need to spend time with God, fill myself with the word, and pray!
  • I can't change the world, but I can change my little world. The biggest influence I have is on myself and the people that are closest to me. I need to focus on how I can show them the love of God and make this part of the world the best I can. 
Sounds small. Sounds simple. It's the truth.

Much love,
Lee

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget