New Year, New You? No, not me!


 "New year, new you"

"Let's leave this year behind"

"It'll be better next year"


Well, today is the maker of another year past and another year began. It's been a doozy, hasn't it? I don't know about you but I'm happy as well as apprehensive about turning this page into 2021. I sincerely hope that covid gets under control and we can live with more freedom and less restrictions. I sincerely hope that "2021 will be better". I really want this year to mark a new beginning, but, does it really? 

New year, new you. That saying I find funny. I want to head into the new year with goals that I hope will propel me towards my dreams and goals but do I want to be a "new me"? No thank you. Not me. I'm proud of the battles I've faced and overcome. I'm proud of the lessons learned in 2020 and I don't want to be a "new me" in 2021, I want to carry all that forward into this upcoming year and learn and grow even more. 

So, what's the encouragements I have for you in this new year:

DON'T wait to pursue your dreams and goals, start now. Our world will always have risks, dangers, and opposition, find what truly is your purpose and continue with it even with all the difficulties.

I feel like this picture (credit:allposters.com) is what 2020 felt like to me.


DO set goals that you think will help you reach and attain your dreams. 

Mine for the upcoming year include a No-Spend January to get our finances back on track after moving. To take a family trip and explore more of our country and learn and grow together. To work towards growing our family. To support my husband in hopefully making a job change. 

I hesitate to make such goals because who knows what will happen but I do believe that all of those are attainable and help with forward motion for my family and I. 

Do you have goals for this upcoming year?
What parts of growth and learning do you want to celebrate from 2020? Any mothering goals? I'd love to hear from you guys!

Wishing you a joyful, adventurous, purposeful, and Happy New Year!

Much love,
-Joy

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget