Needing a Break

I'm going to be taking a break.

It's been nearly two years since this blog began. It came from humble beginnings and it is still small and humble, just Lee and I trying to share encouragements to our fellow moms.

I started this blog during my mom-life crisis. My baby was little and my life was so limited to just meeting his needs and getting through each day. I felt like I'd never do anything special again. I felt like all my dreams were over. I felt trapped...

And I didn't want others to feel alone like I was feeling.

So, I started this blog, which was one of my dreams. I Googled "How to start a blog", created an account, and wrote the very first blog (see that HERE) and so it began. That first blog started with ZERO views.... Then1 view because I texted the link to someone. It was an uphill battle every step of the way to get each blog out, to reach people.

Lee joined me just about a week later and the teamwork kept me going through the ups and downs of looking at number of views that seemed miniscule, pointless, like all the hard work was for not.

But, it wasn't.

After creating a Facebook page to go along with this blog it was a little easier to get it out there and we started to get a little more feedback. It's been exciting, it's been hard, it's been a joy and a challenge... but now I need a break.


I'm going to be taking a break from blogging for awhile. I will post ahead of time my Friday blogs for you guys and Lee will take over the rest as she is able.

My encouragement to you Mamas. Take a break when you need to. Know what you do matters and that YOU MATTER! Step back, take a breather when you get tired and then get up back up and keep following your dreams, pursuing your goals, and fighting for what really matters.

Much love as always,
-Joy

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget