Living in the Zoo!

Well, I've hit the point of being in over my head this Christmas season. Did I just wait too long to do everything? Did I take on too many things? Probably both. It's the week before Christmas (you'll be reading this two days before Christmas) and I'm starting to loose it.

Photo Credit: freepik.com

I threw a bag full of sweet potatoes on the floor in anger and panic last night when a full bottle of water got turned over on the counter and was getting everything wet. *Panic* *Freak Out*. I barely could pry myself out of bed for the second day in a row. I was... okay, am irritable with the kids and I feel completely overwhelmed!

I could sit here and tell you the whole list of why I'm loosing it but you probably know. There's A LOT going on right now in our world, which effects our jobs and homes, which effects all of us. Top it off with normal stressors from the holiday rush and you got it made, or not.

I've been fighting the stress with productivity. I've been fighting the overwhelmed feelings with being present with my kid during their 10 Days of Christmas gifts and activities (which has been a lot of fun) but despite all my efforts, I still feel like I'm living in the zoo and I'm the monkey...

My kids, they're just being kids. My husband is being helpful and supportive. It's me. It's me holding all this pressure about all the things I want to do and accomplish in this short Christmas season. I'm the one who came up with the goals and plans that are now a point of fatigue. I'm the one.

Two things that have and continue to help me. 

First, I trying to whittle away any unnecessaries while getting things done so my list is smaller. It helps to get things out of the way and off the list.

Second, and this is not something I did, but I told a friend and she offered to help. I can't tell you what an incredible weight was lifted just knowing I had some support to get through my crazy. 

So, my dear Mama, it's two days till Christmas. I hope you aren't in as much of a whirlwind as I feel right now, but if you are, I want you to know. Your doing really good. You are making Christmas special. You don't have to get all the gifts, food, decoration. It doesn't have to be perfect, give yourself grace, and remember you are not alone.

I hope you have a great Christmas!


Much love,
-Joy

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget