You CAN Do It!

Ever feel a bit overwhelmed?

I'm asking a bunch of mamas this question, so... I already know the answer. I'm just here to tell you today:



It may not turn out exactly the way we want it to. It may be a little messy. But we CAN do whatever we need to do. We are a woman, and we are strong.

Do you like home canned peaches? My family loves them and my mom always canned them as I was growing up, so I've always canned them for my family, too.  We wake up early and drive 2.5 hours to get to our favorite peach farm. Picking the peaches is always the easy part. The kids love being in the orchard. When we get back home and I see that stacks of boxes, that's when I start to freak out a little.


This is how many we picked this trip, 153 lbs, 
but three of the boxes went to my Mother-in-law.

I get a little grouchy and panicked. What in the world was I thinking? How am I going to take care of this many peaches? I think about all the steps required in canning. I think about how much time each step takes and that I have to do it all with a baby crawling around the house.

Then I stop myself. I breathe. I realize that I'm just going to do it one step at a time. 

And it won't turn out perfectly. And it won't be as quick as I would like. But that's life! 

And I have a lot more joy in the process. And in the processing...(sorry, canning joke!)


I feel like a lot of mamas are held back from things they would like to do by the belief that they can't do it. Of course, we have to use wisdom when deciding whether or not to try something, but I'm here to tell you that you are stronger than you think. You CAN do it!

You just might have a baby on your hip while you do. And your peaches may be a little mushed because the 6 year old was the one packing them into the jars. But that's OK!

God bless you, mama!
Lee 

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget