Drowning

I'm having a week where I feel like I just can't do this anymore.

It's all piling up and I'm drowning.

We're pursuing moving and getting our house ready. It's STRESSFUL! I have a loved one who is going through some deeply heavy stuff right now. The COVID-19 stuff is still around and effecting our lives. Then add in the terrible tragedy of the death of an innocent man and the riots resulting. It's all too much!

Photo Credit: nbc16.com


The weight of the world is adding to my already heavy load. The kids, it's summer break (which is a little bit harder than the routine and predictability of the school year), and our DOG has been causing problems.

This leaves me feeling a lot of self-doubt.

I can't do this! I don't know how I can carry on like this. This is too much. I'm in over my head. How am I going to manage?

... Why is it this hard?

Have you been asking that question too?

I don't know how I can take it much longer.

So what's the answer? What's the encouragement? What's the solution when you feel like your drowning? Like your in over your head and you have nothing left to give?

Let go.

Not of what is truly important, not of what you need to be doing right now but let go of what doesn't have to be done right now. Let go of all those expectations you hold of yourself and what you should be accomplishing/doing/being/acting like. Let go, if you can, of the weight that is not yours to bear and instead hold on to what is yours to bear, namely, yourself, your family, and your life.

Let go of the things that you can't control. 

Let go.

Much love, 
Joy


ANNOUNCEMENT:
Next week we will be changing our posting schedule from 5 days a week to posting on MONDAYS and FRIDAYS only, so please SUBSCRIBE below so you don't miss a single post!

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget