What's Underground?

It has been two years since my grandma passed away. 

I really missed her and thought of her a lot this Mother's Day. I'm sure a lot of you have loved ones that you think of especially on holidays. 

My grandma has been on my mind a lot lately because of this flower. 


My mom and son dug the bulbs for these irises out of her yard as we were packing her things and cleaning her house, shortly after she passed away.  I planted them when we got home and they came up as healthy, green blades. 

Then they did nothing. For two years they just stayed green blades. I was about to pull them up this spring and then I noticed that there were buds growing. Now the bed is full of beautiful flowers. 

Mama, sometimes it looks like no progress is being made. We can feel like a hamster on a wheel, doing the same thing over and over again, working so hard, and not getting anywhere.

But what's going on underground, mama? We don't know because we cant see it. But something is happening. There is grown. There is change. We are making progress. 

Every time you correct your child's behavior or try to teach them something new, you are laying a part of the foundation of who they are. Sometimes it takes a while to see any improvement. But its coming, mama. Keep fighting the good fight!

You are amazing.

Lots of love,
Lee


Comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget