Clingy Kid

We've been home, a lot!

With the Lock Down in place here in Oregon, I've been doing my best to not take the kids anywhere except on walks. We are all feeling the stress and strain of everything going on right now... Even my little one.

My son has been VERY clingy lately. Like, I can't go to the bathroom by myself, clingy. He doesn't want to go with his sisters, clingy. He wants held and nursed or he is screeching at my feet, clingy. Driving me NUTS, clingy!
Photo Credit: Mommyshorts.com

I've been picking him up and holding him. Snuggling, cuddling, and nursing him whenever I can. I began to wonder if he was teething or if he was not feeling good... but then I thought about this lock-down, the virus, the added tension and stress my husband and I are feeling. The kids feel it too!

And though this is not a time I have a lot extra to give, I can give that comfort to my child. I can meet his needs to be near to me when he's feeling insecure. I can pick him up and sit him on the counter when I'm cooking, or let him into the bathroom when I'm peeing. I can help him feel assured even when I don't, to help him know mom is still right here and it will always be that way.

This time is SO hard, Mama, at least it is for me! Let's remember that it's hard for our kids too. Their worlds have changed a lot as well! I'm not doing very good at staying calm and carrying on right now, but I'm going to try and remember to be compassionate to what my child is going through as well as what I'm going through right now.

Much love,
-Joy

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget