Better Together

Last week I talked about how important it is to connect with others during this lonely and isolating time of Shelter in Place. I spoke about connecting with those outside your home. On Tuesday I spoke about making special MOMents with each child. Now I want to talk about how important it is connect with all of those inside our home, together. 

We've been given a gift. A silver lining to this cloud that is hanging over our country. That gift is more time for families to be together. 

28 Funny Quotes Family – Thinking Meme

I know your schedules have been changed, and not much is normal for you right now.  That is hard. But I want to encourage you to take advantage of the extra free time you have together as a family. 

We are planning movie nights and game nights, tea parties and YouTube art classes. We are BBQing more and making fun desserts (sugar-free but yum!). We are worshipping together on Sunday mornings and listening to an audiobook together every evening. 

It's not all bubbles and roses. We have squabbles and boughts of cabin fever. We miss our friends and extracurricular activities. But we are doing the best we can and making the best of it. That's all we can do.

I really wonder what the world and our life will look like when this is all over. I have no idea. I could spend my time worrying about it. But I'm not going to.

Because I know at the end of all this, the most important things will be the same. I will still have these wonderful people in my life, my family, with me.  And hopefully we will come out stronger than ever because of the extra time we have had for bonding. 

That is my prayer for you too, mama.

Blessings,
Lee

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget