The Silver Lining...

My challenge for myself this past week was to think of the POSITIVE things that can come from what we are going through right now, and I decided to ask my children what they saw as the positives. These are their answers: 


Me: Can you think of one good thing that can come from the Coronavirus pandemic?

11 year old: You get to stay home and have fun with your family.

9 year old: When you are done with it, you will be better than you were before you got it.

6 year old: Yeah, can't get it after you've already got it.

4 year old: Nope.

Ok, so the last two kind of piggybacked on their big sister's answer, but I thought their responses were pretty good. And they answered pretty quickly, too, like they already had been thinking about it. I just want to encourage you with my list. Please share yours!

Image result for silver lining


  • Church was closed today, but that meant my son got to help his daddy during worship when we had church at home.
  • Extracurricular activities are closed down, but that means more families are eating meals and spending time together. 
  • Stores are running out of packaged and frozen foods because a lot of people are stockpiling, but that means there are a lot of fresh and healthier choices available to purchase.
  • Schools and businesses are closed, but that means parents and/or grandparents get some extra time with the kids during these fleeting childhood years.
  • Movie theaters and other forms of entertainment are closed, but there are lots of free things to do outside, like hiking or playing soccer in your backyard.
  • You can do your part to protect your loved ones in the at-risk group by running their errands for them and ensuring that they stay isolated. 
  • Restaurants are closed, but that means more people are cooking at home (and saving money doing so!). 
  • You are stuck at home, but you have a lot of time to do those projects that you have been wanting to get done.

I'm sure there are more. I'm sure you have thought of some.

I'm not trying to downplay or trivialize what is going on in our world right now. It is scary health-wise, and a lot of people are out of work. However, I can't change any of that right now. So in the meantime I'm going to do my best to focus on the positives.

On Thursday, I will talk about ways to boost your immune system.

God's blessing,
Lee

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget