Dads Matter

Today is my husband's birthday.

I know this is a blog encouraging mothers, but I've been wanting to write something about dads and it seems like my husband's birthday would be an appropriate time.

Dads. Are. So. Important.

I feel like this isn't emphasized enough. 


Maybe its because of the sad reality that many fathers abandon their children. Many mothers have to do it alone, or they have a husband who doesn't really take an active role in raising the child/children.

My husband's father abandoned him when my husband was still in his mother's womb. The fact that his biological father didn't want to have anything to do with him left a gaping hole in his heart. Because dads are important.

But you don't have to be a biological father to be a good father figure. 

My husband had a stepfather when he was growing up. He had an example of how to be a  husband and father. 

If you are doing it alone, mama, I want to encourage you to find a good male role model for your kids. It could be a teacher, coach, someone from your church, a family member or friend. Because studies have shown that this is very important. Boys need a man who will teach them how to be kind and good. Girls need a man who will teach them how to they should be treated by men. The balance is vital for healthy development.

And if you kids already have a good dad or male role model, I want to encourage you to take the time to voice your appreciation to that man, in front of the kids. 

And, on a personal note, thank you, honey, for everything you do for us!

Lots of love, 
Lee

My son with his dad, and (left to right) big cousin, papa, and great-opa. 





Comments

  1. Such a great reminder! Love this so much. Dad's are SO important!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget