Always Learning


This is a busy week for us.

I mentioned on Tuesday that it was my husband’s birthday. Well the day before that was a special day, too; it was my son’s birthday.

Do you like to look back on baby pictures on your child’s birthday? I always do. I always think a lot about the birth and how my child has changed and grown over the years. It’s a bittersweet time. You are happy they are growing, but you kind of wish you could slow it down a bit. And looking back on those pictures makes you miss when they were smaller.

No photo description available.
This is one of my favorite pictures. We got my son a toy drill for his first birthday, and at the end of the day he crawled to my husband's office and put his drill next to daddy's drill. 
My son wanted at American Revolutionary War birthday party. He came up with that idea almost a year ago. I thought that he would switch to something else because it is not your typical six-year-old’s birthday party theme, but he still wanted it. So his grammie and I made it happen.

Ever since the beginning of his life, my son has been full of surprises. I feel like I have learned and continue to learn so much from him. 

It was when I was pregnant with him that I ripped open my first hernia. I learned that I was stronger than I ever imagined.

During his birth I was bullied and pressured to have medical interventions that were not necessary. I learned to stand up for myself and use research as evidence for my convictions.

A few hours before his birthday party, we took my son to a special doctor’s appointment. We have been suspecting for a while (especially my husband) that something is different about my son. We are pretty certain he has OCD. I’ll write more about that another time. One of the many things we are learning from this is how important it is to take every thought captive. 

We spend so much of our time and energy teaching out little ones. Its our biggest job. 

I just want to encourage you, mama, to pause and reflect on what these little ones and the circumstances of the life you share can teach you. I feel like I have learned more these past 11+ years of parenting than I ever learned in school. And thank God for that, I would never want to go back to being the person I was before I became a parent.

Blessings,
Lee

My sweet boy on his birthday. I love him sooooo much!





Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget