All Things Beautiful...

The other day I was sorting laundry with the baby on the bed. He was laying on his back and I was standing and working my way through the pile when I suddenly noticed that he was smiling at me. So I turned my face to look at him and it made him jump. He was surprised. He hadn’t been smiling at me to get my attention, he was just admiring me. 



Isn’t it sweet how our babies adore us? I’ve talked about body image in the past, but I feel like it should be revisited. 

We women are so hard on ourselves about the way we look. We shouldn't be! 



When our babies look at us, they don't see belly rolls and stretch marks and saggy boobs. They see the lady who feeds and comforts and cares for them. They don't notice the dark circles under our eyes or the wrinkles or the messy hair. They remember the one who sat up with them when they had a nightmare or got sick or had growing pains in the middle of the night. 

You don't need to look like a supermodel. You are a rockstar in their eyes!

But most importantly, you need to look at yourself through God's eyes. 





You are His precious child, and He loves you.
If you want practical beauty tips, you aren't going to get them from me. I'm not so good at that kind of thing. But I will share one of my favorite verses on beauty:



Blessings,
Lee

Comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget