Intentionality

Living on Purpose

Intentionality in life and motherhood.


Becoming a mother changed everything for me. I always had wanted to make a difference. I always had wanted to make good choices even before I became a mom... but the moment I became a mom everything changed!

I saw everything in life different. Instead of just relating things back to the kind of life I wanted to live, I looked at everything as how it would effect my children, and their lives, and futures. I saw everything in life through a new and wonderful and bigger lens. 

I felt the weight and responsibilities of these little ones God had entrusted to me. I felt the magnitude of what a calling it was to be a mother. I felt insecure and scared and INCREDIBLY excited and honor. It was a whole new world. 

My friendships shifted, my focus shifted, my entire life shifted. It was a wonderful and good, as well as a dynamic change, but it was beautiful. I now had two little people who called me "Mama" and it was the most amazing thing ever.

I think that's when I really became an intentional person, and intentional mother. I didn't want to just function off my default and just see how things ended up. I wanted to take my mothering choices and play them out to when my kids become mothers themselves and see the effect.

As I raise my babies. I think about who I want them to become. Strong, persistent, hardworking, compassionate, kind, dedicated, faithful, honorable people. I want them to be parents who love my future grand babies with grace, gentleness, and consistency.... Which means, if I want that for them, I have to be that to them. 

The way that I hope that they parent, or life, or act, or treat others, I have to be the model for. I have to live like that. Kids don't "Do what I say, not what I do". It's the opposite. Kids do what you do, even if you say otherwise.

So Mama, don't be hard on yourself, give yourself tons of grace as those who love you want to do for you. But live on purpose! Live with purpose. Live intentionally. It's so easy to get caught up in the culture, the busy, the bustle, the frustrations, the unmet expectations, but take some time to remember the goals you have for your life, for your children's life, and aim towards that. Live that life, live that dream, and inspire those following you (your kids) as well.

Much love,
-Joy

Comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget