Gird Up Your...Hair?

What is the first thing you do in the morning? 

Personally, I lay and pretend to still be asleep so I can have a little uninterrupted prayer time. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn’t. The next thing I do is sling my legs over the side of the bed, reach for the hair tie that is on my bedside dresser, and twist my hair up into a bun. Not a stylish “messy bun”, but a real mom bun.


My hair is long and thick, but that’s not really why I want it up in a bun. I know that, as soon as I use the bathroom, I’ll be heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and do dishes, but that isn’t really the main reason I put it up in a bun, either.

I was trying to explain it to my hubby why I automatically want to put my hair up when I am facing a challenge or chore, and the best I could think of was telling him that it was the female version of “girding up your loins”. 

This is a phrase from ancient days. As the photo describes, it is was men do when they are going into battle or going to be working hard. That’s what I feel like my mom bun is for me. I’m not just getting my hair out of the way for work, but I am also mentally preparing myself for the day. 


This mommy work is hard work. There is a ton of fun involved, of course, but there is also a lot of battling and labor in the mix. We need to be ready for it. My prayer time is a big part of my daily preparation, and then throwing my hair up and tackling the day is the next part.

What’s your mommy morning routine? How do you prepare yourself to face the day? 

Whatever it is, I hope it is enough to help you have a wonderful day today!

Blessings,
Lee



Comments

  1. I love this! I laughed out loud at the picture of gird you loins. Hehe. 😂

    Mine is morning prayer. I do put up my hair but the prayer time is my main "get ready to do the day" time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget